Consult our warranty statement
Camoplast warrants new snowmobile rubber tracks manufactured by Camoplast (”Product”) to be free from defects in material and workmanship. This warranty extends only to the first customer purchaser, and is not transferable. ”The warranty” is subject to the following:
Warranty Period:Warranty Period:
The warranty period on new Camoplast Rubber Tracks is twelve (12) months starting from the date of delivery to the first customer or twenty-four (24) months of the date of manufacturing whichever occurs first. The Warranty Period on new Camoplast Trail & Mountain Rubber Tracks is twenty-four (24) months starting from the date of delivery to the first customer. The Warranty Period on new Camoplast ”Pre-Holed” Rubber Tracks is twelve (12) months starting from the date of delivery to the first customer.
If a disabling defect in material or workmanship is found during the warranty period, as determined by Camoplast at its sole discretion, Camoplast will, during normal working hours and at a place of business of an authorized Camoplast dealer or other authorized source, replace or repair the Product, at its option.
Customer Responsibilities:The customer is responsible for:
All the costs associated with transporting and shipping the Product;
Labor costs for Product repair or replacement;
All administrative costs assumed by Camoplast to investigate complaints, unless the defect is covered by this warranty;
Giving timely notice of any defect covered by this warranty and in no event later than thirty (30) days after the end of the warranty period and promptly making the Product available for inspection and/or repair, if possible;
All studs which are not genuine Camoplast studs must be removed from the track before shipping to Camoplast for warranty inspection;
Copy of receipt showing proof of purchase;
Required maintenance and adjustment of the Product.
Limitations:: Camoplast is not responsible where:
The Product is installed on snowmobile used for commercial use (including rental);
Customer does not notify Camoplast of the failure in a timely fashion or within the above mentioned time period or does not promptly make the Product available for inspection and repair, when possible;
Failure of the Product results from any use or installation which Camoplast judges improper or from normal wear and tear;
Failure of the Product results from abuse, neglect and/or improper repair or maintenance of the Product;
Failure of the Product results from the customer’s unreasonable delay in making the Product available after being notified of a potential Product problem;
The Product has been modified by or for the Customer, in any manner and to any extent, including the insert of traction control products such as studs;
Damages result from an accident, fire, or any other casualty not determined to be a defect of materials or workmanship;
The Product is installed on a sled used for racing or any other competitive purpose or activity.
Please note that not all tracks can be installed on all sleds without modification. To determine if an optional track is compatible with a particular snowmobile, the bulkhead, tunnel, heat exchanger and suspension wheel positioning must be checked for proper clearance. Please see your Camoplast dealer for installation procedures.An improper installation may void the warranty of a new snowmobile rubber track.
THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE. REMEDIES UNDER THIS WARRANTY ARE LIMITED TO THE PROVISION OF MATERIAL AS SPECIFIED HEREIN. CAMOPLAST IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, DAMAGE OR LOSS OF PRODUCT OR SNOWMOBILE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUE, LOSS OF PRODUCT USE, COST OF RENTING A PRODUCT OR TIME MISSED FROM WORK OR VACATION. IN THE EVENT THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS ARE NOT APPLICABLE, CAMOPLAST LIABILITY AND PURCHASER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WILL BE LIMITED TO PAYMENT BY CAMOPLAST OF ACTUAL DAMAGES NOT TO EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCT. IF OTHERWISE APPLICABLE, THE VIENNA CONVENTION (CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS) IS EXCLUDED IN ITS ENTIRETY.*
The time within which an action must be commenced to enforce any obligation of Camoplast arising under this warranty or under any statute, or law, is hereby limited to one year from the date you discover of should have discovered the defect.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, or limitation on the length of an implied warranty or lenght of time within which you may bring action, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from one jurisdiction to another.
To find the location of the nearest Camoplast dealer or other authorized repair facility or if you have questions concerning these warranties, call 1 88TRACTION (1 888 722-8466) or write in USA and Canada: Camoplast Rockland, Ltd., 1 Martina Circle, Plattsburgh, New York, USA 12901. Outside of USA or Canada: Contact your Camoplast Dealer.
How to start a warranty claim on a Camoplast snowmobile rubber tracks?
For the OEM tracks: you need to claim through the Snowmobile manufacturer
For the aftermarket tracks: please refer to the following steps:
1. Upon noticing a track defect, the end user is to contact the dealer where he purchased the track.
2. The dealer contacts its distributor’s customer service department to advise of the defect.
3. The distributor’s customer service department sends the dealer a warranty claim form to complete.
4. The dealer and end user complete in full and return the form, including a description of the warranty issue, along with good digital pictures of the track to the distributor’s customer service department.
5. The distributor’s customer service department forwards the completed form and pictures to Camoplast Solideal Inc. (”Camoplast”).
6. Camoplast reviews the claim form and pictures and makes a warranty determination (Yes, inspection required / No, not deemed a warranty claim).
7. If the track is deemed a possible warranty claim, Camoplast contacts the distributor’s customer service department with an RMA# for the track to be returned for inspection.
8. The dealer returns the track directly to Camoplast (see beside for addresses; Canadian dealers please ship to Canadian address, American to USA address). Please note that track returns without the RMA# marked on the box or label may be refused by Camoplast. Camoplast does not cover shipment for track returns or issue call tags.
9. After inspecting the track to confirm that the issue is a defect covered under warranty, Camoplast issues a credit to the distributor for the amount of the track. The distributor is in turn to credit the dealer appropriately to pass on to the end user. If the track is not warrantable, Camoplast notifies the distributor to contact the dealer to determine how the end user wishes to proceed with the track. If no response is received within 10 days, the track is automatically shipped back to the Distributor FOC.
2675, rue MacPherson
1 Martina Circle
Plattsburgh NY 12901
1. Only tracks purchased from an authorized dealer qualify for warranty.
2. Warranty consideration is given only for tracks purchased within the 2-year warranty period. A sales receipt is required for tracks older than 2 years but where purchase date was within last 2 years.
3. Distributors may not issue credit prior to receiving final determination from Camoplast.
4. Dealers may not replace tracks or other items under warranty prior to receiving final determination from Camoplast.
As a consumer, can I purchase tracks directly from Camoplast?
Camoplast doesn't sell directly to end users. Please contact your local powersports dealer for access to our full line of high-performance snowmobile tracks.
Does Camoplast offer a replacement track for Arctic Cat snowmobiles fitted with a 141” length track?
Yes, new for 2013, the BackCountry X design is available with 1.75” lug height, model 9254C.
What track lug heights are available in 13.5" width for Arctic Cat Firecat and Sabercat snowmobile models?
Two popular sizes and designs are available. The RipSaw featuring a 1.25” lug height and the HackSaw featuring a 1” lug height.
What trail track does Camoplast offer that performs better in snow than my Ripsaw track?
The RipSaw track is great for groomed hard-packed trail riding, however, for loose snow or off-trail riding the Cobra Track design offers the best performance. For all-around performance, consider the new RipSaw II design.
How aggressive and effective are the ICE Technology tracks?
Based on Camoplast testing in regular conditions, the traction and control is comparable to conventional studding quantities for 120” and 121” tracks with 84 to 96 studs. ICE Technology studs add less than a pound of weight over an un-studded track.
How is the stud durability and longevity of ICE Technology tracks?
Based on the testing conducted by Camoplast, the studs generally outlast the track. This technology has been proven and used in car tires. Studded tire life is generally over 10000 miles and often used on bare asphalt and cars that weight over a ton.
Single-ply vs. two-ply tracks
Single-ply tracks have been tested and proven to be comparable with two-ply tracks for strength, durability and longevity. Single-ply tracks have been original equipment on many high-performance snowmobile models for over 5 years. Single-ply tracks require a specifically designed stud and stud retainer. Consult with your dealer and refer to the Camoplast warranty policy statement to determine warranty coverage on studding tracks.